Colorado Health Network, Inc. (CHN) is a statewide nonprofit comprised of the Denver Colorado AIDS Project, Northern Colorado AIDS Project, Southern Colorado AIDS Project, Western Colorado AIDS Project, Howard Dental Center, HeyDenver and Access Point Colorado.
This Development Coordinator position manages the organizations Fund Development Software and volunteers for fund development activities. Additionally the position supports donor, volunteer and community stewardship, direct mail, special events, capital campaign and other development activities.
This individual will have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and has the ambition to grow and thrive within the organization. The Development Coordinator is a strategic thinker who communicates professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers, donors, volunteer prospects, and community stakeholders; this person is a team player with energy and drive to work.
Areas of Responsibility
Database and Administration:
This position manages the gift entry of daily donations into Raiser’s Edge fundraising software. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate records of volunteers, skills, and milestones, as well as inputting information into the Raiser’s Edge and generating timely, appropriate recognition letters and reports. The Development Coordinator will also be able to run queries, batches, and other reports out of Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner.
Special Events and Fundraisers:
This position will serve as the onsite liaison for assigned events and will work with Development staff to implement key event goals, coordinate event logistics, and assist with promotion and marketing. Alongside the Development team, this person will help to secure event sponsorships and in-kind contributions, recruit, train and supervise volunteers, and participate in event evaluation.
The position will work with the Development team to create and implement strategies to increase volunteer participation and presence, including regular communication and appreciation activities. Attendance at outreach and networking events may be required to recruit new volunteers to the agency.
The Development Coordinator will actively participate in and attend assigned community events which foster agency relationships, and project a positive organizational image. When applicable, this person will also help to support special event committees.
This position will participate in the development of annual plans and reports, as well as strategies for fundraising events and development activities for all CHN offices. This person will serve as a liaison with assigned community groups and maintain open communication and working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors and community stakeholders.
- Outstanding organizational skills are a must.
- Some travel to Regional Offices and within the Denver Metropolitan area as needed.
- Some weekend and evening work is required.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business or nonprofit management, or a related program of study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software required. Additional knowledge of Blackbaud Sphere/Kintera preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for nonprofit agencies and organizations.
- Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising activities with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, move, stack, load tables, chairs, tents and other event equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and computer/office equipment operation.
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations – persons living with HIV, the GLBT community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds, disenfranchised communities. Experience working with HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and auto insurance.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health/dental insurance, vision plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off and 403(b) and Roth IRA retirement plan options.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume and three professional references to Sharon Opila, Human Resources, at Sharon.Opila@coloradohealthnetwork.org, and put “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Colorado Health Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).