The Delores Project provides safe, comfortable shelter and personalized services for unaccompanied women and transgender individuals experiencing homelessness. We also work to end homelessness by advocating for housing solutions.
- Create and implement an innovative and growth-oriented fundraising and communications plan to meet organizational budget and increase revenue
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip staff members and board with tools to help reach them
- Develop strategies for philanthropic fundraising program including donor cultivation activities for individual, corporate, faith, and foundation revenue streams
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events in partnership with the Community Engagement Department and Outreach and Events Committee
- Manage branding, messaging, external communications, and public relations tools (website, e-communications, print materials, reports)
- Represent The Delores Project at public speaking engagements and external events
- Supervise Development staff and contractor(s)
- Maintain donor database, including reports, gift process, donor history, etc.
- Report on fundraising progress and accomplishments to Board of Directors and Leadership Team
- Design and produce Annual Report for stakeholders
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO
- A willingness to engage in continuous learning about anti-oppression and social justice issues
- Work or lived experience with communities of color, indigenous peoples, LGBTQ and people experiencing homelessness is particularly valued
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field, or other equivalent experience, is preferred
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual major donors
- A proven strategic thinker with experience in creating and monitoring fundraising plans and the tactics to support the strategy
- Skilled at crafting powerful messages via impeccable written or spoken communications
- Prior experience with a board of directors, advisory board, or development committee in reaching fundraising goals and objectives
- High-level organizational skills with ability to meet timelines
- Experience with capital campaigns a plus
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated strong staff management and volunteer relations skills
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and skills in a team environment
- Enjoys working in a lively, hands-on environment
The Delores Project is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants. People with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latino, indigenous people, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email your resume and a cover letter in MS Word or PDF format to Diana Adams, Business & Finance Director at email@example.com. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.