Director of Human Resources
Denver Water is looking for a Director of Human Resources to join their organization with a century of innovations! In this role, you will help elevate our talent and total rewards teams while working with leadership to transform and implement progressive business strategies.
Candidates MUST submit a completed Denver Water application to be considered. Applications must include all of your relevant work experience as it is a legal document. Please do not use “see resume”. Cover Letters and resumes must be attached to the applicationas one (1) document.
Salary Range: $104,499.20 annually (min), $135,304.00 annually (mid), $166,108.80 annually (max)
Hiring Salary Range: $104,499.20 annually (min) up to $135,304.00 annually (mid)
Full Time, 40 hours per week, Regular position, Day Shift
Location of position: Main Campus, Administration Building
Opening Date: 9/17/2018
Closing Date: 10/8/2018
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
Denver Water’s Human Resources Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as a Director of Human Resources. Reporting to the Chief of Human Resources, this role will have significant board and Executive team interaction. This director is responsible for providing strategic direction in shaping comprehensive total rewards, workforce planning, and retention programs to attract and retain top talent. The director functions as a strategic business partner and works closely with leadership to design, develop, and deploy programs enabling the transformation and implementation of business strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer strategic human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems to enhance and continuously improve HR processes.
- Collaborate with other HR leader to build an effective talent management program to include on-boarding, career planning, assessing job competencies, job design, and career paths.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness of total rewards, recognition programs, compensation, benefits and ongoing development and analysis of information and metrics relating to organizational objectives.
- Ensure appropriate relationship management with internal and external candidates through maximizing the use of applicant tracking tools and maintaining timely feedback to candidates.
- Design, implement, communicate and administer a Total Rewards programs to attract, motivate, and retain a high performing, diverse workforce (executives, managers, hourly, and seasonal employees) that possess the competencies and demonstrate the behaviors and organizational values.
- Monitors controls and procedures to ensure that compensation and benefit plans are designed and delivered in compliance with both internal and external guidelines and/or requirements.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures. Develops operational metrics that measure the performance of HR programs.
- Serves as an internal consultant to HR partners, recruiters and line managers on all pay issues and provide analytical support as needed.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Builds strong business relationships with direct reports to drive team success and with leaders and the entire organization.
- Exhibit great communication, both written and verbal.
- This position has formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
- Perform related work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Human Resources, public or business administration, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience and 5 years of HR leadership experience.
- Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration and Certifications:
- Certification in a human resources related field such as PHR, SPHR, CCP, CBP, etc. is preferred.
- May require HIPAA Training.
- Relationship building with employees at all levels
- Ethical conduct
- Strategic thinking & decision making
- Financial management
- Effective communication
- Human resources capacity
About Denver Water
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on Denver Water.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Please be sure that all information on application is correct and complete the application fully, do not say “see resume”. If application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
All positions require a Worker’s Compensation Background check.
Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce. Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).