Job Responsibilities include:
Maximize Funding Development
- Assure CHR has long-range strategies which achieve its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Lead the development of a realistic annual budget and provide regular, timely, internal fiscal statements that compare performance to budget and to the previous benchmarks established.
- Lead fundraising efforts, including Board participation, personally cultivating and soliciting donors, and supervising implementation of fundraising plans and policies.
- Conduct multiyear financial analysis, reviewing trends, and engaging the Board in discussions of financial stability, sustainability and the establishment of adequate operating reserves.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Promote CHR’s image and assure sound working relationships with the media and other organizations
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for CHR, increase visibility, public relations, and public awareness of CHR’s missions, goals, activities and achievement.
- Maintain and cultivate cooperative relationships with the community, other animal related non-profits, local law enforcement and animal control.
- Foster collaborative efforts to extend outreach capabilities both regionally and as a national resource for other organizations in accordance with CHR’s missions.
- Supervise and actively participate in the distribution of communication to donors, volunteers, community leaders, and other appropriate individuals, organizations, and government officials.
- Supervise CHR’s marketing efforts including, but not limited to: marketing strategies, newsletters, website, social media, graphics, branding and promotional materials.
- Oversee and provide guidance regarding fundraising events.
- Provide leadership and actively participate in developing outreach opportunities and educational events.
Operations and Personnel
- Responsible for recruitment, employment, development and release of all personnel
- Ensure job descriptions are developed and updated as the organization grows; and that sound human resources practices are in place. Conduct annual staff reviews.
- Foster and maintain an environment that motivates, educates and attracts a diverse staff of high quality people to carry out CHR’s missions and goals.
- Ensure that staff has the resources necessary to succeed; be accessible to staff for discussion support and guidance.
- Maintain and build relationships with donors, vendors, equine agencies, community outreach organizations, and local businesses.
- Engage Board members effectively
- Create a positive work environment for staff and volunteers
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Upholding CHR Mission Statement
- Outreach and Education