Overview & Mission
Empowering Education Inc. (EE) is a Denver-based non-profit organization that offers comprehensive Mindfulness-Based Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) programming, professional development, and implementation support. We partner directly with schools to ensure high-quality, effective implementation of SEL programming. For more information on our mission and vision please visit www.empoweringeducation.org
Since 2016, EE has scaled to serve over 20,000 students. EE’s vision is to become a leader in the field of SEL & school-based mindfulness, providing the most comprehensive and accessible programming available.
The mission for the Executive Director is to oversee all aspects of business administration, team management, product development, program evaluation, marketing, and achieve long-term financial sustainability.
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $100,000 – $125,000 base salary.
This position provides EE’s comprehensive benefits package.
This position is based in Denver, CO .
- Manage EE’s programming and operations, including marketing & sales, research and program evaluation, management of technical personnel, and program development
- Identify and establish new partnerships with schools and community partners
- Increase sales of EE’s online curriculum through high-level marketing and sales strategies
- Maintain active knowledge of current research and findings in the educational fields of social-emotional learning and mindfulness
- Execute successful program evaluation to attain Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) certification as an evidence-based program
- Attend EE Board meetings and collaborate with members regarding strategic planning
- Experience as a member of an Executive Leadership Team
- Experience and demonstrated success running and scaling a business or organization
- Proven sales experience of a product
- Proven ability to establish effective collaborations and partnerships
- Highly organized, efficient, and able to connect day-to-day operations to long-term strategic goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience building and scaling an EdTech startup
- Experience working as a school/district administrator, teacher, or school mental health
- professional at the K-12 level
- Knowledge of the education field, especially the landscape of social-emotional learning and mindfulness
- Proven “online” sales experience of a product
- Experience with online education and Software as a Service (SaaS) models
- Experience presenting and leading trainings
- Experience with grants and fundraising