The purpose of the Executive Director position is to lead Denver Bike Sharing. The Executive Director has a future focus while effectively managing current activities. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for internal and external activities including:
- Setting goals in collaboration with the Board and staff and maintaining a focus on achieving these goals while making necessary adjustments.
- Enabling staff effectiveness by facilitating the coordination between all staff, supporting each individual in their success, and lending support to projects or tasks as needed.
- Serving as an engaged, professional connection between DBS and the Board as well as our partners, locally and nationally.
The Executive Director manages an annual budget of $2 million and a staff of 16 dedicated professionals.
To lead Denver Bike Sharing, qualified candidates will have these attributes:
- A proven leader who understands how to manage operations while keeping an eye on future development.
- Has a track record of organization adaptability and growth.
- Is passionate about our program and its opportunities for community impact, though a specific background in bike sharing programs is not required.
- A strategic thinker who can navigate and communicate a sound path forward for Denver Bike Sharing in the midst of changing technology, business models, and vendors.
- A strategic business manager who has effectively partnered with public sector representatives and who understands the goals and needs of municipal agencies.
- A credible communicator who engages and educates community members authentically.
- Some knowledge of how to build and measure public private partnerships would be helpful.
- Knows how to market and position an organization and brand for success.
- Has outstanding finance and business skills and can negotiate mutually beneficial sponsorship arrangements.
- Demonstrates experience in working with philanthropic benefactors and building trust.
- Proven capabilities in hiring, developing, and motivating professional staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of effective governing board development and management.
- Focus and discipline
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to listen and learn
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Persistence, patience, and resiliency
- Willingness to ask for help
We seek candidates who have a baseline understanding of how to expand transportation options in urban environments. Some knowledge of Denver and its business and community leaders is preferred but not required.
Above all, Denver Bike Sharing needs a leader who is visionary, results-oriented, and who can manage complex operations. This is an exciting time for a dynamic leader who wants to seize new opportunities and direct the continued growth and development of an iconic organization in our city.