Opportunity to Make a Difference
The leadership of the Conservancy now seeks to add an experienced, committed Executive Director to our thriving enterprise. Partnering with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s fundraising, programming, and outreach efforts, as well as the overall vision of the organization. The Executive Director thinks and plans strategically and inspires community members to become more engaged in the work of the Conservancy. The Executive Director implements and develops policies and plans, and organizes, coordinates, and manages the programs and activities of the Conservancy.
The Executive Director manages a current annual budget of $1,000,000 and supervises a small staff.
What Does it Take to Succeed in this Role
The Civic Center Consernvancy is a unique organization with an important history and an even more exciting future. The board seeks a leader in urban development who is committed to the Conservancy’s mission-driven ethos, who is a natural relationship builder, who understands the multi-faceted nature of this work, and who values the opportunity to work with many civic, business, political, and cultural leaders.
Qualified candidates will have experience in many of these areas:
- Minimum of 7 years in leadership or senior management roles in nonprofit, public sector, or private sector of an organization with budget of at least $1 million
- Proven ability to represent an organization with credibility; comfortable in meeting with wide variety of constituents and perspectives; inspires and motivates
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic vision and plans
- Demonstrated capabilities in building long term relationships with financial partners
- Significant skills in philanthropic fundraising, cultivating and stewarding long term donors
- Experience in leadning large scale capital campaigns preferred
Community Outreach and Marketing
- Proven experience in engaging stakeholders from multiple perspectives
- Familiarity with the Denver community and its civic, business, and cultural leaders preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with government staff members and elected officials; politically savvy
- Knowledge of effective marketing and brand management techniques will be helpful
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, developing and managing staff at various levels
- Demonstrated skills in fiscal management, budgeting and effective financial management
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Program Development & Execution
- Experience in recognizing and leveraging opportunities to partner with other community resources and organizations
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Some knowledge of event management/production
- Knowledge of effective program evaluation techniques
- Experience in working and partnering with a governing board and keeping board members fully engaged in the organization’s work
- Experience in building an effective board member pipeline
- Experience in helping a board develop its capabilities as a group and individually
- Results-oriented; high level of energy with positive can-do attitude; takes initiative
- Consummate communicator, listener, and public speaker
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment
- Flexibility in decision-making
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Team player; can bring out the best in people
- Conflict resolution skills; advocates thoughtfully
- High level of professionalism, discretion
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Willingness to live in and be an active participant in the Denver community
The Civic Center Conservancy needs a leader who is excited about the many dimensions of this work, who appreciates the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people and perspectives, who cares about building vibrant urban spaces, and who can help the board and staff implement their strategic goals. A sense of humor and a clear passion for this work will help ensure success as a member of our team.
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, particularly for an organization that currently has a small staff.
Ready to Apply?
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and salary requirementsto our search consultant, Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at Carolyn.McCormick@peakhrconsulting.com. All applications are to be submitted via email. To learn more about this role and the exciting work of the Conservancy, please visit us at www.civiccenterconservancy.org .
The Civic Center Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.