About Our Job
The Office of Human Resources is seeking a strategic, customer-service focused HR Business Partner to join the team at our offices downtown. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is ready to contribute as a strategic business partner by working with both City leadership and individual contributors on organizational development, change management and problem solving.
There is no listed closing date for this posting. Please apply as soon as you are able, as we will stop accepting applications once we have received a sufficient number of applications from qualified candidates.
As an HR Business partner on our team, you will collaborate with agency leadership on all human capital management activities. This will include working in tandem with business leaders to asses and keep a pulse on organizational health and proactively deliver valuable HR services that enable short and long-term business success.
Additionally, in this HR Business Partner position, you will:
- Conduct HR strategic planning to ensure that HR activities support strategic objectives and drive measurable business outcomes.
- Deliver advice and counsel to employees, supervisors, and managers regarding human resources matters, policies, laws and guidelines.
- Partner with agency leadership and other HR employees to promote a culture of leadership and grow leadership capability through ongoing development, coaching and support.
- Build a culture of performance management by encouraging best practices and ensuring that leaders provide employees with regular meaningful feedback.
- Utilize data analytics to tell a story, make recommendations, and drive business decision making.
- Ensure business continuity by identifying critical roles and competencies and supporting clients through succession planning activities.
- Implement employee engagement strategies that help improve retention and enhance organizational productivity.
- Build a stronger workforce by identifying talent gaps and creating employee development opportunities.
- Work with HR Manager, Organization Development Specialist, and Senior HR Business
- Partners to recommend and develop organizational development strategies and initiatives to client groups.
- Partner with Senior HRBP, ER Partner and Agency Leadership to resolve employee relations matters
- Develop HR process improvement initiatives and monitors effectiveness of process improvements.
- Partner with class and comp to ensure equitable pay and accurate job classifications.
We are seeking someone with a strong consultative approach and a passion for organizational development, change management, and problem solving. This is a great time to join our efforts to elevate the strategic orientation of Human Resources by implementing programs and practices that help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a strong communicator with the ability to influence through strong relationships and functional expertise to support effective execution of strategic business goals and outcomes.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Ability to work with and build trusting relationships with a variety of people, including those in varying levels of the organization
- Strong skill set in coaching and consultation
- Passion for learning about the business and driving meaningful change
- Willingness to continue to grow and build strong HR competencies
We realize that your time is valuable so please do not apply unless you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Education : Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Experience : Two (2) years of professional human resources experience.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.