Design and production:
• Conceive and design compelling magazine layouts, including departments, features, and covers
• Work collaboratively with Directors across multiple brands and departments, including edit, sales, marketing and film tours
• Create striking, on-brand visual design packages, digital visuals, logos, brand elements, promotional materials, and film tour collateral.
• Review and manage Zinio digital editions
• Assign and direct contributor illustrations from start to completion
• Assist Photo Director in generating innovative concepts for product photography, and in set and product styling as needed
• Offer creative guidance to team members to promote visual consistency across platforms
• Supply creative assistance as needed with AIM Outdoor Group brands, including Climbing Magazine.
• Manage production and Epson proofs for print products, and work with Production Director to resolve any quality issues
• Manage design archives
The ideal candidate:
• Has consumer magazine design/layout design experience, strong production skills and at least 5-6 years of experience as a designer
• Has a broad knowledge of typography, logo design, illustration, photography and color management
• Is proficient with Adobe CC apps, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Is a self-starter, highly organized, and deadline driven with superb project and time-management skills
• Thinks outside the box to generate unique, conceptual designs
• Welcomes collaborative input from editors, staff, and clients and is willing to translate those suggestions into design drafts
• Holds a degree in graphic design or a related field
• Has a passion for the outdoors and the mountain lifestyle–knowledge of ski gear and trends is a plus
• Lives in the Boulder, Colorado area or will relocate to Colorado
To apply, email letter or other thoughtful expression of your interest, resume, to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.