Early Milestones Colorado (Milestones) is an independent, nonprofit organization bringing innovation to complex early childhood systems in order to make Colorado the best place to raise a child. Milestones’ team of strategists partners with funders, local communities, state agencies and national experts to create lasting improvements for children, prenatal through age 8.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with our team.
Summary of the Position and Results Desired
The administrative assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks including supporting Milestones staff in daily office needs, provide administrative support to board members as needed, perform administrative tasks on projects as needed and provide ongoing communications with constituents and partners.
Areas of Responsibility
Provide reception and constituent communications including phone inquiries, information requests and support of in-person meetings
Provide secretarial and administrative support to staff and board as directed
Serve as the point of contact for office equipment, facility repair and maintenance operations
Receives, sorts, and routes mail
Maintain and organize office common areas and ensure supplies are stocked and accessible
Oversee inventory of commonly used office and facility supplies, order and receive supplies for staff members as needed
Maintain filing and knowledge management systems
Schedule and support organization meetings, events and travel
Attend board meetings and some project-specific meetings and coordinate logistics, creation of minutes and dissemination of and pre- and post-meeting materials
Assist with financial management including prepare credit card reports and reconcile receipts, prepare check requests, prepare bank deposits, and code payables and receivables
Assist with grant management including draft grant proposals and reports, and track payments and reporting deadlines
Maintain staff time tracking spreadsheets
Assist with website management, support and track organization’s social media presence, and support broad stakeholder communications
May be asked to perform organization errands such as delivering deposits to the bank, purchasing meeting refreshments and office supplies, etc. as needed
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two years of administrative assistant or related experience
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Mail Merges, and other related technology
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects and to assess and change priorities based upon organization needs
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities
- Experience working collaboratively with a team and supporting outside stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in major social media platforms
- A passion and commitment to Milestones’ mission
This position is non-exempt and reports to the Operations Director. The position is .8 FTE (32 hours per week) and is eligible for our benefits package.
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications requested by April 28, 2017. Position will be open until job is filled.
Early Milestones Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.