Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Logistics and preparation for all programs, committee meetings, annual conference, seminars and
- Communicates with multiple constituents on behalf of CBSA.
- Works with the Communications Manager to draft, proofread, edit, and distribute materials in electronic media.
- Market events through on-line system, as well as some design of program marketing materials.
- Regularly maintains, checks and updates database records of contacts.
- Maintain and develop relationships with vendors to negotiate contracts.
- Supports the program budget management and tracks expenditures against program budget.
- Provide customer service and assistance to Association members and other individuals.
- Staff the Programs Committee, and utilize committee information to plan upcoming programs
- Assists the President & CEO with meeting logistics, including scheduling and preparing materials.
- General administrative office work.
Qualifications: This is a position requiring skills in event management, written communication, and customer services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Program planning experience with budgets, logistics, and deliverables
- Professionalism in all oral and written communications. Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar.
- Must be able to work independently from time to time and must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement regarding matters of significance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (very important) and Outlook.
- Well organized, detail-oriented – demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Maintain communication with supervisor on all projects and duties.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree with two years related experience and/or training.