Provide high quality support to 50-70 mentee-mentor pairs. This may include but not limited to:
• Providing individualized case management support for mentees and mentors to build strong mentoring relationships, including required documentation and surveys. Proactively assisting match relationships through regular communication (phone, email and in-person).
• Tracking mentor and mentee participation on platform including event RSVPs and attendance, emailing newsletter and managing other correspondence with mentors.
• Using curriculum, class sessions, and events to encourage supportive and thoughtful conversations between pairs to develop the mentoring relationship.
• Matching mentors and mentees at the beginning of the school year and as new students are added.
Ensure high quality curricular engagement. This may include but is not limited to:
• Teaching multiple classroom sessions per week (2-4) for mentees at partner school, which includes preparation and planning, being responsible for classroom behavior management, building relationships with school staff.
• Ensuring mentees and mentors exchange quality curriculum related correspondence on a weekly basis via the technology platform.
• Planning, facilitating, and managing monthly in-person evening events at the school site and collaborating with team at other events as needed. (70 to 100 pairs per event)
Participate actively and positively as a mentor2.0 team member. This may include but not limited to:
• Planning and designing innovations as we continue to grow the program.
• Collaborating with team members to problem solve challenges as they arise.
• Participating in meetings, supervision, projects and events that support the mentor2.0 program. Additional support including volunteer trainings, and interviews.
• Conducting weekly Volunteer Orientations.
• Active involvement in volunteer recruitment efforts and networking opportunities.