For a detailed description, or to apply online please visit https://www.c3gov.com/explore/jobs
Essential Duties & Responsibilites:
- Provides strategic communications and implementation support, including support of media spokesperson and public information officer duties
- Coordinates the production of city-wide communication materials, department brochures, graphic materials, newsletters, advertisements and other collateral
- Proposes and coordinates programs, events and communications initiatives to maximize city visibility
- Initiates meetings with departments to discuss messaging priorities and compile background information and supporting materials for current and future needs
- Manages external vendors for printing and graphic design projects including printer relationships, pre-press and mailings
- Meets deadlines and completes assignments and special projects for the City Manager, Deputy City Managers, and/or Community Relations Manager.
- Demonstrates professionalism while serving as liaison to assigned departments
- Listens to internal customer priorities and anticipates needs
- Develops and implements department communication plans; supports departments as assigned
- Uses a variety of publishing and design software programs to prepare layouts and designs for city materials, publications, and forms
- Leads communications and marketing activities for assigned departments and supports these activities for other departments
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or closely related field plus two to four years of related public relations, communications and/or marketing experience. Municipal government or other public sector experience preferred. Must demonstrate strong competency in writing, desktop publishing, and graphic design software. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered. Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license with a good driving record.