Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is seeking an accomplished professional to become an integral member of our team. This person will be responsible for achieving annual fundraising goals for the 2017 campaign in excess of $1.0 million through retention of current donors and acquisition of new donors.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Set long term direction and strategy for advancement for Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum.
• Create and manage the annual fundraising budget for the organization.
• Work with the CEO and Executive Director of Exploration of Flight to identify, establish, maintain, grow, and/or nurture relationships with current and prospective corporate donors and sponsors.
• Supervise two highly talented experts in marketing.
• Build a giving campaign with parents of the Wings Aerospace Academy students.
• Solicit support for various museum scholarships.
• Assist with fundraising special event planning and execution. (There is a full-time team who manages both in-house and rental special events.)
• Manage donor stewardship including acknowledgement, giving levels, and execution of related donor benefits.
• Report fundraising progress to the Executive Committee and full board.
- Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in related field
- Strong interest in cultural attractions – experience in museums or aviation a plus
- 8+ years fundraising experience, including demonstrated experience with face-to-face solicitation, special events, cultivation practices, and donor stewardship. Sales experience is also welcome.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Excel. Familiarity with fundraising databases preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Travel is not required.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and a track record of progress and potential.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history via email with the position title in subject line to: