Ibotta is looking for a polished, energetic Director of Public Relations (PR) to lead our public relations activity and media outreach to elevate our national brand awareness and help Ibotta become a household name. As a key member of the marketing team, you will work closely with cross-functional teams and our PR agency to produce measurable and sustainable activity through media outreach, communication and brand awareness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Marketing team to execute effective and integrated campaigns that align with business priorities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify needs and opportunities for brand awareness and messaging
- Lead and implement strategy to increase brand media exposure by identifying goals, articulating vision, and executing tactics
- Seek out new PR opportunities for Ibotta, continuing to be proactive and opportunistic, with an instinct for what opportunities are right for our unique business
- Develop written materials, including product messaging, press releases, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral
- Build and maintain relationships with key media, with particular attention paid to consumer-facing publications
- Identify narratives and talking points for company spokespersons, and provide appropriate media training; facilitate and plan media tours for executive team
- Directly manage our PR agency, and maintain appropriate PR toolkit for internal teams & PR agency
- Define and implement metrics that demonstrate campaign effectiveness and ROI on a quarterly basis
- Measure Ibotta’s share of voice vs. competitive landscape on a quarterly basis and analyze sentiment and effectiveness of media coverage by vertical
- Recommend best practices and utilize industry knowledge to improve products and processes
- Drive external endorsements from industry analysts and influencers; evaluate additional opportunities for vendor partnerships
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or other related field or equivalent experience required
- A minimum 5-7 years public relations and media relations experience, mixture of agency and in-house roles preferred
- A strong understanding of the US market and media landscape, with demonstrable expertise in technology and consumer products
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish meaningful relationships
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience driving strategic, creative communication and operational (manage multiple projects) expertise to ensure PR is a driver of broader marketing and business initiatives
- Collaborative, while able to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
- Data-driven approach to understanding of PR efficacy and experience establishing campaign KPIs
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Ability to make independent decisions and strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a…“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.