Global Down Syndrome Foundation (Global) is a public not for profit 501(c)3 providing funding, outreach and advocacy in support of the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome (Crnic Institute) and the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome (Sie Center). Global’s mission is to significantly improve the lives of people with Down syndrome through research, medical care, education and advocacy.
Global’s key areas of work are:
1. Development including strategic initiatives, fundraising and friend-raising
2. Advocacy including government advocacy and general awareness
3. Communication, Public Relations & Marketing
4. Event Management including the Be Beautiful Be Yourself fashion shows
5. Community Outreach including health and fitness programs
Global’s primary activity is in Colorado. Future plans include having an affiliated national and international presence.