Voqal is a collaboration of five nonprofit organizations that work at the intersection of media and technology to advance social equity. Voqal envisions a socially equitable and just world with an empowered, well-informed public actively engaged in a thriving democracy.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will primarily manage Mobile Citizen’s online and offline communication with clients and support the sales department. This may include, but is not limited to, website content development, maintaining Mobile Citizen’s social media outlets, data collection, research and program reports. This position will act as a liaison between the Communications Department and the Mobile Citizen team.
Marketing Communications Specialist responsibilities also include exhibiting at conferences, distributing promotional material, responding to customers’ queries and comments on social media and networking during marketing events. The Marketing Communications Specialist is Mobile Citizen’s voice to impress customers and attract new clients.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar marketing or PR role that includes social media.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience generating content.
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress.
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or related role.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in communications, mass media or political science.
- Experience taking detailed minutes desirable.
- Promote Mobile Citizen’s products and services during events.
- Coordinate the design of promotional material and distribute in online and offline channels.
- Advertise Mobile Citizen on various media.
- Interview related people/organizations to create compelling stories/content.
- Work with vendors, including website developers, graphic designers and print companies.
- Produce marketing copy for our website.
- Craft and send regular newsletters with company updates.
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns.
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics.
- Monitor corporate website and social media pages and address clients’ queries.
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness.
- Participate in Mobile Citizen strategy discussions.
- Stay current on communications and social media trends.
- Monitor web analytics and provides monthly reporting on Mobile Citizen website.
- Conduct industry-specific research at the direction of the Communications Director.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change. EOE.
Please email resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.